question

netweb avatar image
netweb asked

Wishlist & Upcoming VenusOS Bluetooth Device Support (Tyre & Gas Bottle sensors)

Just thought I'd throw this out there, with the Ruuvi temperature and humidity sensors I'm wondering if Victron have any more Bluetooth devices on their radar to add support for.

I had bumped into two Bluetooth sensors that prompted this question:

1. Bluetooth Tyre Pressure Monitoring

2. Bluetooth Gas Bottle Monitoring

(I didn't link to specific devices but there are multiple brands and devices available in the market for both these devices)

It would be great to find reliable devices and add support for these for 4wds & RVs.

Anyone else have suggestions for other bluetooth devices that would be nice to haves?

Bluetoothsensorruuvi sensors
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
netweb avatar image
netweb answered ·

Discovered an LPG Gas bottle sensor hooked up with the GX Tank 140

https://www.safiery.com/lpg-tank-level-bottom-sensor-magnetic~6392

Video https://youtu.be/Tv_UOgi9eCo

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

netweb avatar image
netweb answered ·
2 |3000

netweb avatar image
netweb answered ·

I’ve just a couple of hours ago purchased these BLE 5.0 TPMS tire/tyre sensors from Aliexpress based on this open source project as if these can be supported in that project I’m expecting these devices are advertising unencrypted Bluetooth advertisements, fingers crossed they do.

I’ll give these a test, and hopefully can integrate them into Home Assistant via ESPHome or similar, if that works the next step will be to see if they can integrate with Victron Venus’.

2 |3000

mje avatar image
mje answered ·

Regarding using a Mopeka gas (& water?) sensor - would be nice if the lifespan of the Gas (water) could be estimated e.g. like the lifespan of the battery until empty

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic