question

mattd avatar image
mattd asked

Storage mode has current at 3.0amp

Hi my victron blue charger ip65 12/7a in storage mode is showing current of 3amp at 13.20v no other car or victron blue charger is showing any current in storage mode

battery chargingstorage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

How are you measuring the current?

But sounds as if it's a faulty unit.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

christern avatar image christern commented ·
Or a worn-out battery where the 13,2 V is enough to make current flow to the battery?
0 Likes 0 ·
mattd avatar image
mattd answered ·

so when I go into status mode it shows current at 3.0 amps and volts at 13.20 no other chargers are showing this with other battery's and chargers. I have four of the same size battery's and brand all new about a month or two old.

2 |3000

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @MATTD,

This is normal behavior when loads are active as the loads are then powered by the charger. If there is more than one charger in the system, one will take precedence over the others due to different resistances and wiring.

But that's all guessing because we don't know how your system is built and what components are included. Please provide us with a system diagram and maybe images of your system.

2 |3000

mattd avatar image
mattd answered ·

Hi I may be I'm the wrong community this is a ip65 12v 7amp car charger with a single car battery in a holden V8 1996 VS calais I have other cars almost the same and none have 3amps on storage so the system is using power somehow.

1 comment
2 |3000

christern avatar image christern commented ·
So to me this sounds as if the battery is not fully charged or there is some component in the vehicle that consumes energy.

Has the charger been connected more than 24 hours and this continues (3 A charging)?

Do you have the possibility to measure the output from the battery, maybe through a clamp meter (for DC measuring)?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual