question

mathijs-tas avatar image
mathijs-tas asked

BlueSolar MPPT 150/60 system - voltage but no current

Dear all,

I made an off-grid solar system with six solar panels, battery storage (24V) and a 24/230V converter station. However, something is off with the charging of the battery, since it is slowly discharging and now at 52% SoC. During the day(light) the voltage increases to 28V - but it seems there is no current (A).

Where in the system could be the problem? e.g. MPPT settings, battery type, solar panels.

I monitor the system with the VRM - portal. This is the output for 17 Feb - other days are the same:

victron-battery-charge.png

I used:

6x Solar Modules 265 Wp (worked before installation and give voltage output) (2 strings of 3 in parrellel)

1x Victron MPPT 150/60 Solar Controller

2x Beaut 12v/120Ah AGM batteries

1x Victron Phoenix 24v/230v converter (which is working)

MPPT Controllersbattery chargingbatterybattery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Looks like your float voltage isn't set.

Please include snapshots of your MPPT configuration including expert settings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Additionally, if you do not have your MPPT attached to the load/charger side of the shunt, it won't see your incoming current.

2 |3000

mathijs-tas avatar image
mathijs-tas answered ·

Thank you for your answers

I will try to share the MPPT configuration as soon as possible.

As mentioned it is an off grid system, quite far from where I live. I installed a GX portal - however this conveys the battery monitor and the converter (not the MPPT..)

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

You are using the wrong charge profile LifePO4 for your AGM batteries. Either use the default setting or manually set per the manufacturer's recommendations.

1 comment
2 |3000

mathijs-tas avatar image mathijs-tas commented ·
Hi - just noticed that I was sharing some older settings. Thank you for noticing!

0 Likes 0 ·
mathijs-tas avatar image
mathijs-tas answered ·

Thanks for everyone's help, looks like the batteries are charging now. And the system working :)

Went to fix the problem with the battery charging.

- We switched the GX control (VE direct) from the battery modus to the MPPT. Now I monitor the the MPPT instead of the battery status.

- Changed the settings of the battery (Smart Shunt) (which gave the battery status). The settings were still on 12v (I'm guessing this was also a problem).

1647333237089.jpeg

Now the solar panels are delivering energy to the batteries and I'm able to monitor the output. The MPPT monitors the battery voltage - this is above 25v at all times (indicating that the batteries are full). The MPPT does float charging (also indicating that the batteries are full).

1647333193906.png

If you guys have any other tips - I'm all ear!

1647333193906.png (55.8 KiB)
1647333674735.png (272.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources