question

asanok avatar image
asanok asked

Temperaturesensor for Victron GlobalLink 520

I like to add an temperaturesensor to my Victron GlobalLink 520. But what kind of sensor can I use?

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There is no input for a temperature sensor.
I'm not sure if you will see a battery temperature if you connect a sensor to a SmartShunt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robbief avatar image
robbief answered ·

Hi - The new Beta version of the Globalink 520 software supports Ruuvi sensors, so you can use this: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/138150/globallink-field-test-firmware-v206-beta-122.html

2 |3000

Øystein Hennø avatar image
Øystein Hennø answered ·

I noticed there is an "Internal Temperature" for the Globallink, but it seems like its not sampled on each report? You can get it on Custom Widget and as an Alarm reference.

1 comment
2 |3000

jupyy avatar image jupyy commented ·
I am too waiting for the next sw release
0 Likes 0 ·
william300 avatar image
william300 answered ·

I watched this video about the Ruuvi / GlobalLink integration, did it with my GlobalLink and it works great. https://youtu.be/393Pb_iRJOo

2 |3000

goffen avatar image
goffen answered ·

I have two Ruuvis on my globalLink that works great. I also have two smartshunts with thermomether connected via cable. The temperature readings only works sporadically in the graphs in custom widgets. They are selectable, but only gets a few samples per day (at best, some days are entirely without samples). The Battery Summaries under advanced however shows sensible values all the time, but i suspect they are just based of the last sample on the graphs. So money wasted on those sensors for me.

-Goffen

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic