question

hnreto avatar image
hnreto asked

Victron Multiplus Compact 12/2000

Hey All,

I am currently having a problem with a Multiplus Compact 12/2000.

A bit of the installation:

It has been working fine since 2012 until now.

We are using a Multiplus Digital MultiControl

There has been no changes done to the cabling.

The Issue:

230V input connected to Shore.

Inverter Mode on:

The unit will turn on, go to Inverter mode as requested. After, it will sense the input AC. After 30 seconds (roughly), the voltage sensing relay will latch the bypass and will start charging the batteries.

All good for now, but after 5 minutes (not exactly, varies), the unit will go to inverter mode and won't charge the battery. It looks like the input AC has been lost, but I have wired in parallel a tester and it shows constant 220-230V 50Hz, even when the system does the changeover. After a while it will read the mains and charge the battery again.

Same happens with the "charge only" mode.

"Charge only>Blue LED "Mains On" blinking>"Mains On" LED permanently on/Bulk charger amber on>split second changeover to inverter, then goes back to charger with 220V Out.

After 5 minutes, charger will shut down and a bit later, it will turn on by itself.

It is a constant on/off.

-I tested the mains

-I have unplugged the Temperature Sensor after checking that the temperature is low.

My conclusion is that there is something wrong with the charger and not an external power source. Could you guys tell me if there is anything I should look into?

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

A guess that first springs to my mind is overheating due to the accumulation of dust / dirt over the years. Do you hear the fan running at any point during charging?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hnreto avatar image hnreto commented ·

Hey WKirby,

The fans don't even turn on. I had the unit work perfectly as an inverter for a while and no fan was on.. The temperature is less than 24 degrees.

Any other thing that it could be?

Thanks for your answer!

0 Likes 0 ·
charley avatar image
charley answered ·

Hi, I am having very similar problems with our 12/1600/70 have you come up with a solution ?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic