question

big-oki avatar image
big-oki asked

Are victron energy aware their are Chinese copies of their products?

Ive found chinese copys of a bmv and charge controllers. i wonder how safe the cheaper items are.

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi; yes, I’m aware. Its an honor to be copied and frustrating at the same time.

Discussing them in any way is far beyond what I have in mind with this Community portal; I hope you understand.

So lets just leave it at this. Any sellers you see online (and offline) can be reported via a Victron dealer or sales manager; we take action then.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bmac avatar image
bmac answered ·

Saw this ad - quite blatant.

Have you got someone here in Australia actively following up on these charlatans? Not very nice profiting off your IP and hard work.

1552887347809.png (422.1 KiB)
1552887364640.png (549.9 KiB)
1552887547239.png (95.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

@Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) is probably the best placed Manager in Australia to deal with this.

Thanks for reporting it.

0 Likes 0 ·
misullivan avatar image misullivan commented ·
FYI: I just looked them up... they even talk about using a VE.direct cable to make various devices talk together.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic