question

solartech12 avatar image
solartech12 asked

Quattro 10KVA programmble relays not working

I have used Programmable relay assistant to choose Primary, K1 and K2 Relays of the Quattro, in order to drive external load, relays based on DC voltage and SOC value but the relays simply don't seem to have any effect on my external load relays. Can anyone tell me what the issue is over here?
I will attach my setting for primary prog relay below:

Here I want to turn my load on if :

1- Battery Voltage > 48V and

2- Soc > 35%

Does it work AND logic or OR logic?

screenshot-2022-02-25-160225.pngscreenshot-2022-02-25-160252.pngscreenshot-2022-02-25-160319.pngscreenshot-2022-02-25-160338.pngscreenshot-2022-02-25-160359.pngscreenshot-2022-02-25-160411.pngscreenshot-2022-02-25-160422.png

VRMAssistantsquattro 10kva
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Select all relay assistants and click on "Summary" and make a screenshot of that.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@solartech12

Depending on how you program them, they can be And Or. The on conditions will always prioritize over off conditions.

In your example above you have set two conditions so it will be Or.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:start#combining_multiple_assistants

They take some experimenting sometimes to get right.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solartech12 avatar image solartech12 commented ·

Sorry I didnt understand "The on conditions will always prioritize over off conditions." Can you elaborate please. Also I have looked all over for any sample article that shows how to use prog relay assistant but havent found any. Can you please share any if you know?

also looking at my current setup, do I need to add a replica of each programmable relay assistant but specify the opposite 'OFF condition' settings? i have currently set al conditions for turning relay ON and assumed if they dont meet then relay turns OFF . am i right? , please correct.

0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image netrange solartech12 commented ·

The internal program memory for the assistants permanently queries the conditions. If no condition for "Off" or "On" has been stored ... it always keeps the last condition ... In your case it can then only always be "On" ...

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ solartech12 commented ·
@solartech12

You also need to tell the relay when to switch off as well as on. Since you have only told them to switch on, they will just remain on. If you want it off now below 48 volts or below 30% SOC then you must also tell the system that.

Don't put the conditions of the ON/OFF conditions too close together or you will also get annoyance switching.

0 Likes 0 ·
solartech12 avatar image solartech12 Alexandra ♦ commented ·

oh so this is missing probably . lets say I add assitants in following order:

Programmable relay 1 - ON cond
Programmable relay (1) - OFF cond

so now as you said ON has priority over OFF , does it mean it will first try to check whether ON cond satifies and incase of false it jumps to OFF cond .

one more thing right now Inverter is inverting and powering loads , if I reupload newest asst settings , it will probably reboot or atleast interrupt inverter mode. is it safe to do so or i should first disconnect loads breakers, bring inverter to standby and then upload newest settings ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ solartech12 commented ·
It will reboot. If your loads can be handled by the battery when it restarts and you are happy to do so, it should be fine. (and there are no fussy loads either)
0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

You have defined the conditions for "On".
But you must also define the conditions for "Off

2 |3000