question

natashasvrg avatar image
natashasvrg asked

Historic data saved on SD card but not uploading to VRM when reconnected

Internet was down at the site for about 2 months. Finally got it reconnected today but although it is uploading current data, the historic saved data isn't uploading (massive gap still there, see image below)

We had a battery failure (gel batteries started gassing) during this time and I really want to see the data to diagnose what went wrong (side question: I was also told by the technician who discovered the fulat that one of the 2 charge controllers was overheating which seems strange as they were connected in parallel to the batteries - why would one get hot and not the other?)

1645703140443.png

The colour control should have been online during this time as the batteries were still connected up until mid February. I'm not sure whether after that point when we disconnected the batteries it might have lost power (although it would still get solar during the day I think?).

Interestingly, looking on the remote console, it says there is still space on our SD card, and the oldest record is 56 days (i.e. around the time that the data stopped showing online). So I think the data is there on the SD card, but for some reason it isn't uploading to the online portal.

1645703595351.png

I'm not at site, otherwise I'd go and manually download whatever is on the SD card to investigate. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to trigger the upload (if the data is there) or why there would be so much data missing? I'm considering remotely rebooting the colour control and seeing if that helps. In the past we've had no internet for 6 months, but once reconnected it all immediately uploads online.

VRMCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

How long since the internet connection was restored? The upload should be automatic, but I guess it might take a while for 2 months data.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

natashasvrg avatar image
natashasvrg answered ·

It has now uploaded! I think you're right - it must just take some time to upload when it is that much data. Thank you!

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Funny, happened to me today. Nearly 3 hours of data, but took..... Only a couple of seconds.

Good to hear your system is ok.

0 Likes 0 ·