question

Christopher Leung avatar image
Christopher Leung asked

MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80 VS MultiPlus 2000VA

Please confirm that is the MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80 is discontinued or not? I ordered a MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80 from a dealer, but they sent me a MultiPlus 2000VA instead. I downloaded the fact sheet from Victron and found out the configurations of these 2 units are different. The Compact has 2 AC outputs, but 2000VA seems doesn't have any. The charging current on the starter battery is 4A (Compact) vs 1A (2000VA). At zero load power, 2000VA draw 10W vs the Compact draw 7W. Also, the peak power is 4000W (Compact) vs 3500W (2000VA). Lastly, the 2000VA didn't state it is Lithium-Ion battery compatible, as I will be running the inverter/charger on x2 Lithium batteries. If the MultiPlus Compact is discontinued, and replaced by MultiPlus 2000VA, would the newer model be less functional compared to the Compact?? Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.

batteryvictron productsHelp
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
David avatar image
David answered ·

Hi,

I can't answer your main question about is the 12/2000/80 discontinued in favour of the Multiplus 2000VA. Looking at the specs they do seem quite different in a few ways (and the MP 2000VA does not seem as good to me browsing the specs).

However, I can comment on one of your questions ... "The Compact has 2 AC outputs, but 2000VA seems doesn't have any "

The 2000VA DOES have a single AC Outlet, adjacent to the AC Inlet (if you go to this Victron Link, you can see the image and the outlets - https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multiplus-2000-va#pd-nav-secondimage)

The Compact also has just a single AC Outlet in the 12/2000 spec (it is only the 3000 and larger in the Multiplus Compacts that have two outlets) so in that respect at least they are comparable.

Also, I would be extremely surprised if any of the Multiplus's on sale, including the 2000VA, is NOT lithium compatible.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Christopher Leung avatar image Christopher Leung commented ·
Thanks Bro.
0 Likes 0 ·
Christopher Leung avatar image
Christopher Leung answered ·
FYI.

It has been confirmed by Victron NorthAmerica that 2000VA is NOT a replacement model for the Compact. And Compact is NOT discontinued. Also, 2000VA is completely capable to charge Lithium batteries.
1 comment
2 |3000

David avatar image David commented ·
Useful to know. Looking at the products after your first post and your update makes me wonder what is the reason for having the 2000VA in the lineup?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic