question

fgs-energie avatar image
fgs-energie asked

Minimum load power to start

Hello everyone,

I would like to know what is the minimum Watts the load needs to be in order to allow the inverter to work.
I'm asking this because a client of mine needs a 24V-1600 Phoenix Smart to power a 9W LED light 24/7 + other loads only a few times a day.
Actually the question arose due to another site where a 7W LED light doesn't turn on if no other load is connected as well.
Thanks,

M.

Phoenix Inverterbatteryvictron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Nico Bayer avatar image
Nico Bayer answered ·

You have to disable the ECO mode for this to work.

If ECO mode is ‘on’, the power consumption in no-load operation is decreased by approx. 80…90%. In this mode the Phoenix Inverter Smart, when operating in inverter mode, is switched off in case of no load or very low load, and switches on every two and a half seconds for a short period (adjustable). If the output current exceeds a set level, the inverter will continue to operate. If not, the inverter will shut down again. The ECO Mode can be set with the push button on the front of the inverter. The ECO Mode “shut down” and “remain on” load levels can be set with Victron Connect . The factory settings are: Shut down: 50 Watt (linear load). Turn on: 100 Watt (linear load).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fgs-energie avatar image fgs-energie commented ·

Thank you, I'll set it like this then!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic