question

agocorona avatar image
agocorona asked

Victron Cyrix-I 500 Ah

Good morning, I installed the parallelator on the off-road, to connect two batteries: one ignition and the other auxiliary, as instructed. But the blue light always stays on. I used the wiring that came with a switch to use the batteries together, but nothing changed. It seems that the parallel never separates, but leave the two batteries always connected, as if it does not work! Which procedure do you recommend to verify correct operation or failure? Thanks, Agostino.

batteryvictron productsCyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Cyrix disconnects (turns off) once certain Voltage limits are reached. If the Voltages are inside that range then it always stays on.
I'm not familiar with that model number that you mention? Which exact model of Cyrix-i you have?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

agocorona avatar image
agocorona answered ·
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

OK, so you have Cyrix-ct 230A
In the datasheet on page 2, you can find the Voltages that will cause it to connect and disconnect. If your battery Voltage to staying above the disconnect levels the it will always be ON.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Cyrix-ct-120A-230A-EN.pdf

2 |3000

agocorona avatar image
agocorona answered ·
Ok, if I wanted to use the supplied cable, to force the operation, could I use this? https://www.ebay.it/i/202574802091?chn=ps 

How should I connect the cables? Thanks, it's very kind of you.

2 |3000

linqf avatar image
linqf answered ·

Please refer to

2 |3000

agocorona avatar image
agocorona answered ·

grazie, molto gentile

2 |3000

agocorona avatar image
agocorona answered ·

Brochure-Automotive-EN_web.pdf
Good evening.

I looked at the connection diagrams and in the enclosed brochure, on page 71, i noticed that the "BAT" link is different from the one you posted to me. Which is the right one? Thanks, Agostino.

2 |3000

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

I don't see any difference...

2 |3000

agocorona avatar image
agocorona answered ·
@Boekel Buongiorno, si deve misurare 
con lo stesso prodotto ...... in uno schema "BATT1" è collegato un "batteria di avviamento", nell'altro a "Batteria domestica". 

Quindi qual è la giusta connessione? Grazie.

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

That makes no difference to the operation.
I don't know if that is written in the manual, if not it might be helpfull.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Product page Cyrix Battery Combiner