question

ettienne avatar image
ettienne asked

Multiplus II error when selecting country grid code

I have a Multiplus II 48/3000/35 running software version 2629456. I recently installed a MPPT 150/60 with a Venus GX device. I would like to setup self-consumption without sending back to the grid but in order to load the Assistant you need to specify the country grid code. I stay in South Africa but the South Africa NRS 097-2-1-2017 grid code results the Multiplus to give a error when connecting the grid power with "Inverter on light" flashing, "float light" on and "Bulk light" flashing. This did not happen with No grid code selected. What am I doing wrong?

Multiplus-IIgridVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That seems like a relay test failed error to me.
There is a fault with one of the relays inside or a relay did not respond quickly enough. You should contact your dealer for a solution.
The relay tests become very strict when you apply a grid code. Without a grid code the relays tests are not as strict and so you that is why you don't notice a fault, or a fault is not flagged.

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

"Relay Test Fault" doesn't mean there is a problem with one of the relays.

It is most likely a problem in the installation, a connection between earth an neutral at some place maybe.

Error 8 and 11:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
We've seen this in SA when the helpful utility workers became colour-blind and get their wires confused during maintenance.
0 Likes 0 ·
ettienne avatar image ettienne nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Ah yes indeed, or neutral has been linked externally between AC in and AC out.
0 Likes 0 ·
ettienne avatar image ettienne wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you Matthias. As a first step, I will get someone to redo my DB board. I think there is a conflict between my Plugs and lights neutral connections
0 Likes 0 ·
ettienne avatar image ettienne wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
ettienne avatar image ettienne Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The error I am getting is the following if that will help determine the issue

1645443347693.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1645443347693.png (778.1 KiB)