question

abay avatar image
abay asked

SolarEdge inverter dissapears from GX display within 48hrs of reboot

Hi All

I have an off grid system comprising a Victron EasySolar 48/5000 (with CCGX), 5kW DC coupled PV and a SolarEdge SE5000 connected to the AC out with another 5kW AC coupled PV. The battery bank comprises 8 x Pylontech US3000.

Functionally, all is working well, however I am having trouble with the monitoring of the SE generation in that the inverter keeps on disappearing from the CCGX display at a seemingly random interval of up to about 48hrs from initial connection. The only thing that will restore it is to reboot the CCGX manually.

I have read the post: Frequent disconnection of solaredge inverter with GX device which describes a similar problem that was eventually fixed in a Venus OS firmware update and doesn't really help me.

It is also worth noting that the CCGX has internet connection via WiFi using a Netgear AC1200 WiFi USB adapter (supported Victron long range WiFi adapter) whilst the SolarEdge Modbus TCP/Sunspec communication is via the ethernet port using a fixed IP with the Gateway unset as described in this post: Can Color GX use Wifi for remote VRM comms and wired LAN for direct comms to SolarEdge HD Wave

All equipment has latest firmware installed.

I suspect the problem may be in my network settings somewhere as this is where my knowledge is lacking. I have followed the document: Integrating with Solaredge as best possible but I feel that it lacks detail in regards to the network settings.

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated!

Modbus TCPAC PV Couplingsolaredgesunspec
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I have found that this occurs if you do a Remote system update via the cerbo to the inverter - ie change the inverters charge voltage and then upload the file - then the PV disapears - reboot of the GX device fixes the issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.