question

sac-rv avatar image
sac-rv asked

Can't see L1 & L2 on MultiPlus-II or Cerbo GX

I have one of the first MultiPlus-II 2x 120V shipped to the US. When it was installed in May 2021 I could never see L1 and L2 for In and Out. At the time my installer figured it was a firmware limitation and we would re-visit it in the future.

A few weeks ago he installed more solar panels, another battery and the Cerbo GX. However, I'm still not able to see both lines on the Cerbo GX. The MultiPlus-II still has the first version of the firmware as my installer was hesitant to install the latest version because he observed loud fan noise with the latest build and suggested we wait a couple more months.

So I don't know if the inability to see both lines is because of the older firmware or a setting. When looking at the Cerbo GX menus I see something that leads me to think I can adjust it there but wanted to run it by you guys first. Please take a look at the attached screen shots and let me know if this is where I can enable both L1 and L2.

Thanks!

img-2876.jpg

img-2877.jpg

img-2878.jpg

img-2879.jpg

Multiplus-IIcerbo gx
img-2876.jpg (4.1 MiB)
img-2877.jpg (4.1 MiB)
img-2878.jpg (4.3 MiB)
img-2879.jpg (4.3 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Sac RV

It may be unrelated to your issue but this post had a solution that worked for him

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/120680/is-anyone-working-on-ac-input-1-not-displaying-any.html

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You can try the redetect in the first screen. If that doesn't work and noone else has an idea, back to installer.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sac-rv avatar image sac-rv commented ·

Redetecting didn't do anything.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Sac RV

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2022/01/31/venus-os-v2-80/

See #6

You don't mention your GX OS version.

1 comment
2 |3000

sac-rv avatar image sac-rv commented ·

I looked at that link but it doesn't tell me how to enable seeing both legs. That's what I need help with. I'm running the current GX OS, which is believe is 2.82.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Sac RV . The firmware in that MultiPlus-II needs to be updated as well.

We had a noise issue indeed for that product, but that has meanwhile been solved. I’m not worried about the fw update. And if needed/wanted, you can always revert back.

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Ps: that inverter/charger fw update is not one to do “just like that”. It will require reconfiguration afterwards.
0 Likes 0 ·