question

bbernosky avatar image
bbernosky asked

Has anyone installed the BMV 712 into a Winnebago Navion?

The battery configuration in my Navion is different than that of the instructions. My system is setup so that negative terminals are connected together and positive terminals are connected together and what appears to be another shunt as well. I can see the load is coming off one of the negative terminals on the right side of the picture. Under this type of configuration what do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The unit has a generator, shore power connection and solar. In addition, there is a bypass to "jump" the engine if the chassis battery were to die.

batteryVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Bb. Your 'shunt' looks like a fuse to me, and that's fair enough where it is. But the batt offtake isn't quite right - that red wire looped to the right should be connected to the left battery +ve terminal. Just a balance thing, but that's where it should be. Perhaps it fell a few mm short and the sparky knew it wouldn't matter too much... Ha.

Just wire the BMV into the -ve wiring as per: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Quickinstallsheet_BMV70x_part1_2.pdf

Yes it's that simple. Your Winnebago holds no patents on good practice.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bbernosky avatar image
bbernosky answered ·

JohnC:

Thanks very much for the feedback. I can easily make the suggested change. I will give it a try over the next couple of days and see how it works. Thanks for taking the time to write back.

BTW, the "shunt" I mentioned is indeed a fuse.

brad

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic