question

jcf avatar image
jcf asked

control victron mppt with linux or windows

Hello ,
I have a project should to start soon and I am looking for a specific MPPT .

MPPT

battery 10pack of 14s
Windows or linux laptop .

What I want to achieve is getting the data from the mppt and control the mppt by script .

10 battery will be connected the laptop they will be connected in parallel but I will connect a diode between them to no discharge it and maybe only one battery will accept the discharge if the mppt require this .

I want to controll the mppt because the battery will not have the same voltage so maybe after 5 hours 6 battery will be full and 4 still to be charged .If it's sunny day ,I don't want them to be charged at 20A each or more .

so with the BMS the laptop will now how many battery left need to be charged and can control the mppt to reduce the power to save my battery life .

simple way to say that Is I hope windows or linux can control the mppt .
If it's working with only some mppt please let me know .

thank you

MPPT ControllersVictronConnectlinux
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I think to get you started you should read the documentation related to the communications protocol, VE.Direct, VE.DirectHEX

Here is a link, scroll down to the bottom of the page:
https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/technical-information

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual