question

Tim avatar image
Tim asked

Can I combine Phoenix 350/12 Inverter remote on/off switch (5v) with 12 volt system switch?

Hi all,

In my caravan I currently have an option to switch of my 12 volt battery. I also have a Victron Phoenix 350/12 inverter which has remote on/off functionality. I would like to make use of my existing outlet to be able to switch the inverter on/off remotely from within hand reach, while currently one switch in the outlet is not used. Could I do the setup as in the picture? Thus combine the 12 volt and 5 volt (neutral) wire?

Hope you can help.

Tim

Phoenix Invertervictron productsdc system
setup-on-off.png (364.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Tim avatar image
Tim answered ·

Anyone an idea?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I don't think this will work.
But if you switch + instead of - with the switch you could use this: https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/inverting-remote-on-off-cable

2 |3000

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Tim Visser

No, please don't combine multiple voltages on the same connection. use an exclusive contact for the remote connection.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page