question

martin-fi avatar image
martin-fi asked

lynx Smart BMS shows different current value - Clamp Meter (-20%)

The clamp Meter shows 120A and the Lynx Smart BMS 500 shows 100A.

The Only Load is the Quattro. When i measure the current with a clamp meter the value is about 20% higher and is more realistic with the actual consumption of the Quattro (using a heater for testing.)

Is there a possibility for a ZERO Current Calibration like in BMV menues ?

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Martin_FI,

calibration was done before delivery. There is no feature to re-calibrate except maybe via firmware some day.

20% off seems to be way too much. I have the same device and tested it up to 140A and compared this with a rather cheep clamp meter and additionally with a BMV shunt. Shunt and Smart BMS were spot on while the clamp meter was showing way too much.

If possible put a shunt behind the Smart BMS and see if it reads still too much.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martin-fi avatar image
martin-fi answered ·

Thank you.

Indeed i made further investigations and found out that the current deviation depends on my load. The load is a heater and it has different heating levels. Only in one heating level I have this deviation. Maybe its because of the mixture of resistive and inductive load in this heating level.

I guess everything is ok and the case can be closed :)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic