rocketmanmonaco avatar image
rocketmanmonaco asked

VictronConnect differences in screens "Demo" vs Actual on MultiPlus

Hello Everyone,

In my MotorHome I have the following Victron Equipment:

Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120V

CCGX (w/DVCC turned on)

Plus Smart MPPT's

I also have some lithium batteries and I want to put low temp protection on them. The Mppt's were easy - done! After researching for the Multiplus I was pointed to that option being available in the "Demo Library" version of Victron Connect - So I just purchased and installed the VE.Bus Smart Dongle onto the Multiplus.

However the screens are completely different and I don't have access to the screens that will allow me to change the charger settings:

Demo Library Screens:

img-2970.png

img-2969.png

However when I installed the VE.Bus Smart Dongle, I don't get those screens on the VictronConnect app in the settings screen. I tried unplugging the CCGX so the Smart Dongle was in Primary position - but still no help.

img-2971.png

What am I doing wrong or do I need to change?

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVictronConnect
img-2969.png (281.1 KiB)
img-2970.png (113.4 KiB)
img-2971.png (103.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Unlike the MK3-USB interface, VE.Bus Smart Dongle only provides limited access (just to some functions).

But since you have a CCGX, you should be able to see/change all Multiplus settings via VRM and VEConfigure software. For details and requirements, check the manuals.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Unfortunately the demo library shows the options available via the MK3 Interface not the VE.Bus Smart dongle, but this is shown and explained in the manual of the smart dongle.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vebus_smart_dongle_manual

If the CCGX is online and connected to the VRM portal you could use the remote VE.config feature.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

2 |3000

rocketmanmonaco avatar image
rocketmanmonaco answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE Thanks for the proper path to find the settings. As I connected the VictronConnect through my MK3-usb I have the correct screens - all except there was no "Low Temp Cuttoff" field.

vc.jpg

It should be just below the Absorption Time. Is the reason I don't have it because I don't have a temp sensor on my Multiplus? I have one on my SmartShunt and am using DVCC to pass temp, volts & current.

So does this mean my option is to get it programed is to use the " remote VE.config feature ".

Thanks for all the help!

vc.jpg (193.4 KiB)
7 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Not sure because I never use VictronConnect because in almost every system we need assistents. I only use it for FW updates and setting up a 3 phase system because this is super easy with VictronConnect.

If you click on that option in the demo library it says that the temperature sensor is used for that so it is possible you don't get that option without the sensor connected.

Normally the battery/BMS should do that.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE

Normally the battery/BMS should do that.

It works only w BMS with CAN bus connection.

When "2 signal BMS" assistant is used, MultiPlus gets confused when BMS sends "do not charge" signal when battery temp is below 5C.

MP assumes that battery is full and sets the SOC at 90%

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ marekp commented ·

You can setup the assistant to disable the charger and not change the SOC.

1640943260369.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1640943260369.png (5.0 KiB)

@Matthias Lange - DE

Unfortunately this option is missing in ESS assistant when setting up 2 signal BMS.

We already talked about it here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/86248/mp-ii-jumps-soc-value-from-20-to-100-when-2-signal.html

Here is what we can select in "2 signal BMS" assistant

22104-tsbms1.jpg

and her in "EES" assistant when setting "2 signal BMS"

0 Likes 0 ·
22104-tsbms1.jpg (153.4 KiB)
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ marekp commented ·

As suggested in the other thread you should be able to avoided this by using a BMV or SmartShunt.

0 Likes 0 ·
@Matthias Lange - DE

I did, but it would be interesting to know why this option is missing in ESS assistant.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
What firmware # is your Multi running?
0 Likes 0 ·