question

davidl avatar image
davidl asked

View power generated from generator in VRM App

Is it possible on the VRM app to view how much power has come from the generator? It used to show it as from grid but since I changed ac1 to be generator I can’t seem to find anything to say how much power has come from the generator. I have a Multiplus ii gx and am totally off grid.

many thanks.

Multiplus-IIVRMGenerator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·
Did you change the setting in the GX, when you moved the Gen to AC1?

AC1 to be Generator AC2 to be shore (or none)

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Davidl

VRM only counts Generator consumption, the part of it that's directly used as a load. But not that portion used to charge batteries.

This makes the System Overview near to useless.. this is mine with no Grid, Generator selected..

1640697486183.png

Be great to see a fix for this..

1640697486183.png (55.4 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidl avatar image davidl commented ·
Thanks for that, same as what mine shows. When mine was set to Grid and not Generator (even though it was a generator connected) it would tell you in the From Grid box how much it had used. I could change it back but not sure if there would be any implications in doing that.
0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image harold davidl commented ·
Couldn't you tweak that by calling it grid on AC1?
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ davidl commented ·
@Davidl

You could do that, but the data will remain recorded under the selection chosen at the time.

There's also the 'Shore' selection, which I haven't tested. And I sometimes wonder how a Quattro user makes sense of double selections..

0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al JohnC ♦ commented ·

I'm just adding my voice to this as I also really hope to see Generator power displayed, it makes no sense to hide the battery charge from a generator but not solar or grid. I want to be able to compare how many kWh we have charged from the different sources easily, but it's not currently possible.

Our Quattro system is on an off grid barge, but we have occasionally had shore power over the years, which does display battery charge like the grid, but when running on the Generator and selecting the input as Generator it's missing. :(

1 Like 1 ·

Hi @Al

This has now been added in line with your suggestion;

vrm-generator-historical-usage.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·