question

thirdeyesamuel avatar image
thirdeyesamuel asked

REC BMS + Cerbo GX + Touch 50 [Touch 50 display is on but touch not working]

I've got the HDMI and USB cables from the Touch 50 plugged into the Cerbo GX and the touchscreen won't respond.

My REC BMS is also plugged into the Cerbo GX and there is the text "REC BMS" overwriting the text of the top left corner on the display.

Is there a setting I need to adjust to get these two to harmonize?

img-4708.jpeg

img-4709.jpeg

cerbo gxBMSgx device
img-4708.jpeg (2.6 MiB)
img-4709.jpeg (2.9 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
yannick avatar image
yannick answered ·

I have the same setup, working out of the box. Did you reboot the cerbo after connecting the REC and Touch50?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thirdeyesamuel avatar image thirdeyesamuel commented ·

Thanks for the response Yannick, always enjoy hearing someone else using a REC BMS with Victron successfully!

I got it working after unplugging the HDMI and USB cable from the Touch 50 and then plugged in the USB first then HDMI, it works now ha...

I had unplugged/plugged the USB + HDMI a few times before but with no effect. And no, I had not tried manually resetting the Cerbo after adding the Touch 50. I'm sure that could've worked as well.

Otherwise the Cerbo has been working fine with the REC Q BMS for months now (without Touch 50).

Really enjoying the whole system!

img-4714.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-4714.jpeg (3.6 MiB)
thirdeyesamuel avatar image thirdeyesamuel commented ·

Updated image with recognized REC 1Q BMS

img-4716.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-4716.jpeg (3.6 MiB)
kevstone122 avatar image
kevstone122 answered ·

Hellooo!

Woow i am interested in the REC-BMS.
Can you upload some more pictures from the touch display if you select the 1Q-BMS.
What do you see inside? Is the BMS perfect controlling the MPPTs and Multiplus?

Whats the price for 17cell bms?

Thanks a lot!

2 |3000

Paul avatar image
Paul answered ·

@ThirdEyeSamuel can you share some info about your setup?

Having a Batrium system at the moment but I am not so very happy with the too complicated user interface with a lot of gaps in their info.

Everytime it's inventing the wheel again when trying to change a setup like interaction wover CANbus...

Nice batteries! Li-Ion?

2 |3000

Related Resources