question

peternielsen avatar image
peternielsen asked

What goes into the battery and what did i take out ?

Hi,

I am testing at the moment, charging from Grid when it's cheapeast price and using during the day when electricity is most expensive, i'd like to find out how much i loose during the whole conversion so how many kw am i effectively using to charge battery and how much do i then get out of the battery afterwards ? Which numbers should i look at the VRM portal or Cerbo ?

/peter

cerbo gxVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

These numbers are in the VRM dashboard

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peternielsen avatar image peternielsen commented ·
well i am aware of that hence i am asking which numbers ?
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @peternielsen

The best way (for me) is Victron Connect on a Smartshunt..

1639747930827.png

Can't pick the periods, just between resets. (That's 81%, such are flooded pb's)

VRM has an issue where it doesn't count the Generator input to the batts. If I'd named it Grid it might, dunno.

There it's on Dashboard/Historical Data. Pie charts, etc. Which don't work for me with this quirk.

1639747930827.png (18.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Al avatar image Al commented ·

Hey @JohnC

I've had the smartshunt reset twice now, I think when Victron Connect crashes, certainly I've never asked and confirmed it to reset data.. quite annoying, but with our 2nd hand FLA Hoppekke 2v cells totalling 1,860Ah C5 (24V) it's currently showing we seem to be roughly 85% round trip.

I hope the generator is properly reported on VRM soon as I'd also like to see how many kWh we've charged from diesel, and we've been pumping in a few electrons weekly now there's not enough sun.

Battery History - Smartshunt:

round-trip-efficiency.jpg

@peternielsen I guess the way for now is to just check VRM or Connect at the start of each cycle and then at the end and note it down.

0 Likes 0 ·