question

hanyhc avatar image
hanyhc asked

Lithium Batteries with Multiplus 2

Hi Everyone,

I have two Chinese Lithium Batteries (48V 200Ah each) with BMS, i am having some trouble connecting the batteries to my Multiplus 2 inverter.

I connected the batteries to the inverter but the system is randomly shutting down.

I picked "System uses LiFePO4 with other type BMS in my ESS configuration.

So what changes do i need to make in my configuration and do I need to connect the batteries to my Cerbo.

Thanks.

Lithium BatteryBMSVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The place to start, before expecting others to do the research for you, is to read the documentation freely available on this site.

First ESS:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/index-en.html

Next, the battery compatibility guides:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start

This lists all the supported options and the common steps for making it work.

If yours is not on the list, and is a third party BMS, then you need to speak to the supplier for support.

But in short, if you don't connect the BMS to a GX, and set that up correctly, it will never work properly. There are many skilled installers who can help you.

"Unsupported 3rd Party Battery BMS

There are many other 3rd party options on the market, and some claim compatibility with Victron. If they are not listed above, from Victron's perspective they are considered untested, and unsupported.

Ongoing support and features may be limited if you use a 3rd party battery that is not listed as supported above.

While we always recommend to use the known-compatible options above first, if you choose an unsupported option please seek support from that 3rd party supplier. "

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.