question

herrerao avatar image
herrerao asked

Victron Connect crashing on MacOS Monterey

My Victron Connect app v5.51 is not working with my just updated MacOSMonterey. Issue has been reported and acknowledged since early November (over a month ago). Any fix in sight?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @herrerao,

the answer is here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/106301/victroconnect-v548-crashing-on-mac.html

"What we found is that VictronConnect has a problem when running on MacOS 12 and we are in the process of fixing this.

But there is a more severe problem with MacOS 12 and that is that the pairing with a pin code is broken in MacOS 12. This is not related to VictronConnect or Victron products, but pairing with a pincode seems broken for all apps and ble devices. When a product is already paired, it will be usable once VictronConnect is fixed with respect with the crash, but pairing to new products will not work until Apple fixes the pairing."

It's up to Apple to get this fixed. Until then, all you can do is run latest firmware for VictronConnect, which should work for those devices already paired or use the mobile app.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

herrerao avatar image
herrerao answered ·

Just spoke with Apple and they put problem back on developer of Apps. They claim they put out the latest MacOS (Monterey) to all the App developers ahead of time as opportunity to check/update to ensure functionality with new OS. Still can't run the 5.52Beta because Apple hasn't tested it or made it available on App Store. I'm sure Victron has many MacOS users so hopefully it will have a fix for this, soon?

1 comment
2 |3000

What do you mean with Apple hasn't tested or made 5.52beta available in the App Store?

The only way to get beta apps is TestFlight:https://testflight.apple.com/join/cvufYMEh

I'm running 5.52beta on a new M1 Pro with Monterey, but currently not worth it to install as the bluetooth pairing problem still exist until Apple has a fix for it.

bildschirmfoto-2021-12-03-um-065505.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources