question

travellinground avatar image
travellinground asked

Adding Victron to existing grid-tied Gen24 + BYD HVS system

I have an existing grid-tied system with a 7kW of panels to a Primo 6kWh Gen24 with 7.7kW of BYD HVS hooked up.

I would like to add a 48V Victron to the system and add batteries, probably Pylontech, and I will be adding a wind turbine to this system, but not initially. What would be the best setup to not mess with my current setup too much, but such that I can fill the Pylontech batteries from both the grid and the panels?

PylontechFroniusBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@travellinground

I was told that Fronius GEN24 does not heave MC settings so it cannot be setup as AC-coupled for Victron.

Leave your system in front of the new Victron and Pylontechs.

Sun will first charge your BYDs and when BYDs are full, Victron will take AC-in to charge Pytlontechs.

You can also add MPPT charger (with additional panels) to charge Pylontechs directly from SUN.

Also wind turbine can charge Pylontechs.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Frank avatar image Frank commented ·

I have a large Quattro four 10Kw Inverters and want to add the Fronius Gen24 with Battery storage Has anyone done this ?

And yes the 4 Quattros are 48 volt and have already 130kwh lithium storage

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BYD battery compatibility guide

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide