question

Glenn Garrett avatar image
Glenn Garrett asked

ESS-managed batteries on 230V split single phases

Hi all, here in the UK I’d like to buy an ESS system to provide PV battery storage on our 2 x 230V/100A split-single phase grid supply. I’m thinking of dual MultiPlus-II 48/10000/140-100 units plus Cerbo GX.

My question is, can each MultiPlus-II be connected to the same battery array? It would be great to be able to significantly reduce the problem of frequently exporting on one phase (with no financial gain) whilst importing on the other (at large financial cost!).

For the batteries I’m looking at Pylontech or BYD but would welcome any opinions and suggestions especially if there’s a specific type of battery which could be connected to both phases at the same time and still be managed by the MultiPlus units. Our PV is 26 kWp with grid usage at about 50 MW/year.

If anyone can help with my battery question or offer any other comments, please let me know!

I also need to find a distributor/tech support.

Many thanks,

Glenn

Multiplus-IIESSPylontechBYDsplit phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Glenn Garrett

Where to buy.

You can configure the Victrons in split phase using one battery bank with phase compensation.

You will definitely need support.

More on ESS here.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.