question

Elimac avatar image
Elimac asked

VE.Smart networking or DVCC ?

With a simple system, all DC without inverter but with a GX device + MPPT + smartshunt with temp. sensor and GEL batteries, which is the correct way to compensate temperature?

a) Enable BLE smart.network and join MPPT and smartshunt; or

b) Enable DVCC on GX device and select Smartshunt as the Battery monitor/ temperarture sensor

Or... both (not at same time) work?

MPPT SmartSolarSmartShuntBluetoothTemperature Sensortemperature compensation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Elimac

DVCC, you already have the GX.

Smart networks are for those guys who are trying to keep the costs down, and not buy a gx. You have already spent it. Use it. And it is way easier to set up.

But yes both work to my knowlege. To be honest never tested the temperature comp as we dont use gels.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·
Thanks. That's what I thought too.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Temp compensation works well, used it on my old gel set, just remember to multiply the compensation voltage correctly for the number of batteries in series.

1 comment
2 |3000

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·

Talking about GEL batteries... I can't find the correct values for absorption / float for these batteries. Datasheet says nothing. On the Internet I can't find naything either. What's with that? Do you know what would be sensible values (per cell or per 12V block) for a current GEL battery?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources