question

lechrisl avatar image
lechrisl asked

Buck Boost and MP2 with connected starter battery (Terminal E)

Hi there,

I've been searching around the community and asked my dealer regarding the following connection but couldn't get my head around this particular situation.

I am instaling a MP2 and a buck boost in a vehicle 24V installation. I would like to use the "starter battery charge" ruction of the MP2 (E-connection) for when the vehicle is connected to "shore power". Also, I would liker to use the auto detection of the buck boost for charging the LiFePo cells.

My question is now: How can I make sure that the buck boost will not switch on when the MP is charging the starter batteries? The he voltage threshold is probably not sufficient and is the vibration detection sufficient? Or is it best to install a fixed input to the alternator via the purple connector of the buck boost?

Thanks for our input and help :-)

Chris

Multiplus-IILithium BatteryOrion DC-DC Converters not smartcampervan
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I would use the hard wired solution to disable the buck/boost. Also, you could set the charge / output voltage of the buck/boost slightly lower than the Multiplus charger, so the Multiplus would control the charge.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.