question

rtbimg avatar image
rtbimg asked

MultiPlus combine PV power and AC power

Hello,

I'd like to set up BlueSolar MPPT, MultiPlus and Cerbo GX in such a way, that batteries are used only as an UPS backup and AC load is combined from AC input and excess PV power.

Basically reducing the consumption from the grid, when/if enough PV power is available.

No feed back to grid.

Optionally some %, like 20, of power stored in batteries would be allowed to be used to supply AC loads (together with PV and grid).

Is this possible? Thanks.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I think ESS is what you want.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:start

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rtbimg avatar image rtbimg commented ·

I've read that multiple times. But I'm not sure whether the MultiPlus can mix grid and PV at the same time.

In my planned usage the PV is never gonna be able to supply enough power for expected AC loads, so some percentage of input from grid is always gonna be needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joakim avatar image
Joakim answered ·

Have read about ESS to but still don´t know if a multiplus II can mix like 2300W from battery AND 2000w from grid making it 4300 usable Watts .. ??

3 comments
2 |3000

mrhappy avatar image mrhappy commented ·

It can absolutely do that. If i set AC input limit to 5 Amps on my Multiplus2 and start a load which draw 10 Amps, It will automatically enter PowerAssist mode and facilitate the 10 Amps syncing the inverter with the grid and combine 5 Amps from grid with the rest from the batteries/solar. This function is fantastic and I use it all the time.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joakim avatar image Joakim mrhappy commented ·
ok! thank you for clarifying that! then i will happily proceed whit my installation :-)
0 Likes 0 ·
Fedya Skitsko avatar image Fedya Skitsko mrhappy commented ·
but it will prefer AC input as a priority and not PV, right? how to change this behavior?
0 Likes 0 ·