question

Martin Coetzee avatar image
Martin Coetzee asked

got error #17 Original master failed. 2 x 5 kVa in parralel.

2 x 5 kVa in parralel. set up to use up ti 30 % SOC on 440 aH Gel battery bank.

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

10 Answers
zamo avatar image
zamo answered ·

I had the same error too yesterday. it seemed like the parallel inverters somehow stop synchronizing so I turned them both off and on again and after a few seconds I was back running normal.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martin Coetzee avatar image Martin Coetzee commented ·

Yeh also had to reboot but client was without power for a few hrs.

0 Likes 0 ·
mikeb avatar image
mikeb answered ·

Have this issue too

Out of interest do you have any AC-dc adaptors running on the system? Say powering a internet router or tv monitor or such item?

Regards

Mike

2 |3000

Martin Coetzee avatar image
Martin Coetzee answered ·

Yes there is quite a few of those through out the house. from my research it says to check all the network cable connectors. If this happens again i will crimp on new plugs maybe.

1 comment
2 |3000

mikeb avatar image mikeb commented ·

There is where the problem lies I think

I removed one from s installation I did problem was fixed

Introduced another one for the cctv problemcame back

0 Likes 0 ·
mikeb avatar image
mikeb answered ·

Bet there below 70 watt out put too

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I have added this to the open ticket for error 17, along with the other reports.

The more information you can provide about your system, the quicker we can help.

2 |3000

squelch avatar image
squelch answered ·

Same issue with our 3xMP in parallel, error appears when connected to CCGX. When i've updated it to latest FW MP couldn't be seen anymore ob CCGX device list.

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

this is a out of the box idea so have a test

if the units are Offgrid/generator is off and you are also using the ESS or similar assistant then watch the AC 1 Out Hz frequency output.

I had mine running up and down from 50hz to 53 hz (which was the Freq settings for the grid tie inverter, and it kept doing this every 17 sec. now as you have two units maybe they are getting out of sync somehow after a while., As I dont know what assistants you are using if any but its worth a look

What I did to solve it was I moved my one of my other assistants to above the ESS and this stopped the issue. I moved the general flag and ac sensor assistants

This is just a Idea to have a look at.

1552110466828.png (34.4 KiB)
2 |3000

mikeb avatar image
mikeb answered ·

Hi

Had one of my systems give a error 17 ve bus this morning at 3.40am

Last time it went in to error was on the 24th March so that best part of 3 weeks of running with no issue.

Very disappointing

Regards

Mike

2 |3000

pracman avatar image
pracman answered ·

Ditto for me today sadly with 2 Victron multi plus2 5kw. Error #17 Original master failed (Melbourne Vic)

It blew off both my grid power and left me unable to use my battery power early this morning.

I had 2 victons installed to protect a lot of Vaccines I have in the uncommon case of grid failures. To have the Victron do this a week after installation is disappointing. Finding Victron is aware they may be the cause of power failures and not warning customers is less than satisfactory in many way. I had a goodwe hybrid inverter prior to the Victon inverters. If it failed it did not stop the grid power. Not a happy customer at present.

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
pracman avatar image
pracman answered ·

Thank you. the Beta software worked to stop the error 17 at my site.

We had tested all cables and none had any issues. I was told the issue is coms related and to consider changing the master/slave to slave/master to prove it was this. It appears I do not need to prove one of the Victrons is a little 'sensitive' in the coms area.

Load tested with two almost full 10Kwh Zcell batteries turned the grid off at 21:30 last night with ac load of 2900w. Error 12 was biting me inside 10 minutes last test. No problems at all. Shock loaded my building turing all all lights and AC, a new fridge, kettle and microwave to max out load 7725w and everything remained working. My load is seldom over 4000w and normally a little less.

Matthijs post was very helpful https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/21787/venus-os-v2322-available-for-testing.html

I was a little nervous of trying beta upgrades, Very pleased to say it worked for me.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic