question

sinkstar avatar image
sinkstar asked

smartsense or smartshunt? which to choose?

Hi´

I´m about to put together a system with 3 x Smartsolar 100/30 + 16 batteries and 12 panels. With a phoenix inverter with ve.bus. Running 24v. They´ll be connected to a VE.Smart network and. I´ve been searching but dont seem to find the answer to this question.

Since the charge controllers need some data about the state of charge of batteries. Could i just use the smartsense or are there major advantages that make it a better choice to get the smartshunt?

SmartShuntSmart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy answered ·

Yes, the major advantages of a smartshunt is that it measures the actual current flowing in and out of the battery and can then calculate the state of charge quite accurately. Installation and settings need to be correct and preferrably some procedures are followed to sync it.

The smart battery sense report only temperature and voltage to the MPPT's, which allow them to charge optimally. The smartshunt will do that too with a temp sensor (sold separately).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sinkstar avatar image sinkstar commented ·
Thanks...
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources