question

gerry-mcg avatar image
gerry-mcg asked

Problem connecting Bluesolar 75/15 MPPT with BT dongle to Smart Battery Sense vis Ve.Smart Networking

I’m trying to connect my new Victron Smart battery Sense (lates fw 1.05) via a VE.Smart Networking by BT connection to my BlueSolar 75/15 MPPT solar controller ( to transmit battery temp info to the MPPT In advance of installing lithium leisure battery.
I also have a BMV700

I’m aware the Bluesolar 75/15 MPPT (latest fw 1.56) and the BMV700 are not natively BT equipped, but i have VE.Direct BT Smart Dongles attached to both (latest fw 2.26) and i can see the MPPT, BMV700 and the Smart sense on the Victron Connect App.

I’ve set up a VE.Smart network on the Smart Battery Sense and that is transmitting battery voltage and Temp info

however.....

but i can’t work out how to pair the BlueSolar MPPT to the VE.Smart network… The VE.Smart network option is not appearing in the settings area of my BlueSolar 75/15 MPPT. I thought it would with the BT dongle attached .

Any solutions / ideas??

TIA Gerry

Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi

Could it be that you have the first revision of the VE.Direct Smart dongle?

The dongle with part number ASS030536010 does not support VE.Smart networking and the dongle with part number ASS030536011 does support it. See also chapter 5 in the VE.Smart networking manual: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Smart_Networking/en/limitations.html

The part number can be found on the sticker on the product. This can also be checked in the Product info screen in VictronConnect. When it says "VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle", VE.Smart networking is not supported, but when it says "VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle (Rev2)", VE.Smart networking should be supported.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gerry-mcg avatar image
gerry-mcg answered ·

Thanks Thiemo, that is indeed the problem.

I found this out last night after posting the Question - both my BT dongles are indeed V1 with p/n ASS030536010 and therefore incompatable with VE.Smart Networking.

I've ordered a SmartSolar MPPT to replace my Bluesolar one

many thanks for taking the time toresply :o)

Kind regards

Gerry

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual