question

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird asked

Cerbo GX shows wrong Quattro input for Input Current Limit

We have installed two independant Quattros connected to a CerboGX. One through VE Bus and the other through MK3 to USB adapter.

Both Quattro units have Shore power on AC Input 2. One has a generator connected to AC input 1. AC input 1 (generator) is set to 40 amps and "Controlled by remote" is disabled. AC input 2 (Shore power) is set to 32 amps and "Controlled by Remote" is enabled.

On VRM on remote console I can see "Input Current Limit" is 40 Amp. It cannot be adjustable. I cannot see the 32 amp input current parameter.

On the Garmin MFD I can see Input Current Limit is 32 amps. Not yet sure if it can be adjusted but will know tomorrow afternoon. I hope so.

It appears the CerboGX is displaying the wrong input. It appears to be displaying the input disabled from adjustment rather than the input which is enabled for adjutment.

Has anyone else seen this? Cerbo Firmware V2.75. Is this a software anomoly or have I somehow misunderstood how this works.

img-05936534.jpg

img-05916533.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxcurrent limit
img-05936534.jpg (90.0 KiB)
img-05916533.jpg (91.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

I have now confirmed the Garmin MFD does show the correct input current limit and it is adjustable and works as it should. That is very good but the Cerbo GX through the Touch 50 shows the wrong input which of course is not adjustable anyway. It seems this is a software error unless I have misunderstood the purpose of the Cerbo gx readout. Had we not interfaced to the MFD we would not be able to adjust input current limit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

As an addendum to my previous two posts, when input voltage is presented to the Quattro on the AC 2 input, the correct input current limit does appear on the remote panel. I think it is strange for the non-adjustable current limit to be on the remote panel until the input voltage appears on the mains input, then the adjustable one appears. It may be better for the adjustable one to appear always to avoid confusion. Having said that, the system we are using it on is relatively complex and the facilities we are using on this installation are just simply awesome.

2 |3000

codingparadox avatar image
codingparadox answered ·

I see the same thing with my setup. I coulda sworn it wasn't always this way, but trying to set up the boat now, on anchor, to get ready for a boatyard to take it tomorrow and plug it into 15 amp crappy power, I now have to get my PC out and use Victronconnect to set the shore power limit for tomorrow. :(. Bad design. The phone app through activecaptain can set 10/15/etc. but not the 13 that's the actual min limit.

2 |3000

marc-heide avatar image
marc-heide answered ·

I have the same problem on the gx touch is there already a solution?

Its verry frustrating for the costumer.

1 comment
2 |3000

marc-heide avatar image marc-heide commented ·
Or is this problem on the to do list?
0 Likes 0 ·
codingparadox answered ·

I started using guimods a while ago, and the interface to change current limit works fine in that. So no idea if they changed it in the base Cerbo at this point or not.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thank you. I whas also looking into that at the moment.

Is it stable enough for an end user?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jordy avatar image
Jordy answered ·

I have the same problem here,, looks like this setting is not active and I cannot change the Input Current Limit on the GX.

Is this a bog or do I need a other way to set it.

In VE configure I added a limit that is not even shown in the GX

1 comment
2 |3000

When u use the html5 app it is possible.
0 Likes 0 ·
codingparadox answered ·

Installing guimods gave me a way to change it easily

1 comment
2 |3000

i found out that it will work in the html5 app. i think i will use that in future systems.
0 Likes 0 ·