question

raymiller avatar image
raymiller asked

VRM data down load random "a165" problem only when GX device has activated Digital inputs

I have now two GX devices, Venus GX and Cerbo GX and they both give this random line of data containing "a165". -The device digital inputs need to be active with a pulse counter for the problem to occur.

-The optical fibre internet is wired directly to both GX devices for connection to the VRM server.

In the VRM downloaded data (both csv and .xls) give (extra to the normal set 15 minute data) a time stamp in columnA, Gatway value columnB, all others blank until the "Pulse product ID" has "a165" for each of the activated "pulse product ID" columns.

This fault has plagued my Venus GX (5 digital pulse counters activated) for years, I recently purchased a Cerbo GX and bench-tested, the data had no problems unit I activated the 4 pulse digital inputs and get the same random blank lines with 4*"a165" for each of the Pulse product ID column and out of the set data sampling period.

I can only conclude a programming problem with the pulse counter code which randomly generates an event that triggers a program interrupt or register overload or similar problem initiating an extra data line to be logged to the VRM file. It adds about 8 extra lines per day and is quite random as far as I can tell, the gateway counts are about the same for all the days varying between 0-3.

Could someone please look at this problem and hopefully fix it as it makes the task of data processes considerably more time-consuming than it needs to be.

1631705107061.pngGX set to One minute data samples for testing.

1631705777926.png

VRM
1631705107061.png (12.9 KiB)
1631705777926.png (26.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

raymiller avatar image raymiller commented ·

Regarding this "a165" issue. Why is this extra column AZ (etc) in the data "Pulse meter product id" included? as it does not seem to add anything, Pulse meter aggregate and count contain data but the first column "Product id" does not contain any data except for the problem "a165", maybe removing the column may fix the issue?

1631836283422.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1631836283422.png (57.9 KiB)
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic