question

grantls avatar image
grantls asked

Red and Green LEDs flashing 12/800 Inverter

Phoenix 12/800 inverter no longer puts out 240v and red and green LEDs started flashing slowly alternatively. It's possible I may have had too much current draw connected to the inverter. I have had the inverter turned off and back on again overnight but no change. Help anyone? Perhaps a reset? Thanks.

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Use the Victron Toolkit App to identify the blink code.
Maybe it is the calibration error, in that case you need to update the firmware with the VE.direct to USB cable or the VE.direct Smart dongle.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

grantls avatar image
grantls answered ·

Thanks Matthias, the victron toolkit confirmed it was a calibration error. However, I connected a Bluetooth ve. Direct dongle to the inverter and updated the inverter firmware to 1.21 and the problem went away. Now have a steady green led only and 250v output. All good. Thanks.

2 |3000

dimiboga avatar image
dimiboga answered ·

I have the same problem with the 12V 500VA 230V model. I just received it and it doesn't work. The communication with the victon connect app works and i can see the firmware version is 1.21. No update available. No option to re-flash the same version. Can i download the firmware 1.21 from somewhere ? Or is something else i can do ?

2 |3000