question

Andy avatar image
Andy asked

Multiplus II charge - feed-in priority

Hi everyone,

a question in regards to the Multiplus II and ESS:
As per my understanding, when we have AC solar on the Multi's output (with the 1.0 rule obeyed), the solar delivers power to the load first, excess will be used to charge the battery and once they are full it will export to the grid.

So the question is can this be changed to: power the load first, export to the grid afterwards without ever charging the batteries? The charger can be turned on and off in the software I have seen. So, if it is off, would all excess energy be fed into the grid automatically?

ess-with-ac-on-output.jpg

The reason is a very high fed in tariff I have for this solar and of course I want to export as much as possible. The batteries will be charged form MPPTs solely.

Thank you.

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingsolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Nico Bayer avatar image
Nico Bayer answered ·

Hi

You can set the max battery charge current in the DVCC settings to 0. The multi will not charge the battery from AC. If you have an MPPT connected and feed in enabled, the MPPT will still charge the battery.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daryl avatar image daryl commented ·

That's not how my system behaves. If I set DVCC to 0 it stops the MPPT from generating power (the AC inverters cover my load at this time of day)

0 Likes 0 ·
Nico Bayer avatar image Nico Bayer daryl commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered ·

Great, thank you @Nico.

2 |3000

David avatar image
David answered ·

You could also put your solar on the input side of the multi, and on the grid side of your energy meter, so it’s invisible to the multi. It would therefore power any loads on the input side and any excess would be exported.

many loads on the output however would only be powered by dc solar / battery.

2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

You can disable the Multi's Charger using VE.Config. This would only charge your batteries from your MPPTs and never from Grid or AC-PV.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic