Idea

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman suggested

Distinguish Grid Loss from Grid Rejection

When a Multi / Quattro rejects the grid because it is non-compliant, VRM/Venus OS report a Grid Loss.

Strictly speaking, the grid is still there, but it is being rejected by the inverter. As my clients would say, "The oven still works, why doesn't your inverter?!".

I suggest this be distinguished from a Grid Lost alarm and be reported as Grid Rejected.

This allows us to better support our clients by reporting the issue to the utility for rectification. It also helps us to explain to our clients why their essentials loads are running on backup while the non-essentials are using the grid.

This is especially with the MultiPlus-II platform which is more picky about what power quality is considered acceptable given the various local grid codes it implements eg. NRS-097 in South Africa.

VRMVenus OS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
I would also be nice to have the REASON the grid or generator is rejected. I've got a small avr controlled generator that won't connect to a multi - it used to, but I had to change the AVR recently.
2 Likes 2 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman Mike Dorsett commented ·
Yes, that would be helpful. In the days before the GX, with a MK3 plugged in and "Show Monitor" clicked, VE.Cofnigure 3 will display in red the metrics that are responsible for the rejection. Would be very helpful to have something like that available via the GX - ESPECIALLY for generators.
0 Likes 0 ·
Nicholas Herbst avatar image
Nicholas Herbst commented

Yes. Great idea. In full support of this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Nicholas Herbst avatar image
Nicholas Herbst commented

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) is there any formal process that can be followed to get this feature considered by the Victron development team?

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.