question

manowell avatar image
manowell asked

Shore power, generator monitoring (USA)

I have a Venus.gx with solar charging monitoring (BlueSolar Charger MPPT 100/30) and battery monitoring (BMV-712) in an RV. I have 50 amp shore power service which has two 120VAC legs in it. I'm adding an Onan generator which will also have 50 amp service with two 120VAC legs in it.

What combination of sensors will let me monitor power coming from shore and genset and work with Venus.gx?

Thanks,

BMV Battery MonitorVenus OSVenus GX - VGXmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You would normally connect that to a Multiplus or Quattro Inverter charger. as you have 2 x 120 legs you would need 2 inverter chargers or a inverter charger on one leg only

and thus have auto switch over to gen or shore when one of the inputs is supplied with external power, and if none then the inverter would supply your RV from batteries in Lithium LIPO

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

I’ve got a site with a VGX purely monitoring a 3rd party grid tie solar inverter,by using an ET112 energy meter I can monitor everything,as along you address and tell the VGX where and what the ET112’s are doing in the system this may be a solution for your RV!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic