question

ericf avatar image
ericf asked

Does the Orion Smart DC-DC charger maintain the last configuration set with Bluetooth when all power removed then reconnected?

I am going to install an Orion-TR 12-12 30amp isolated charger with Bluetooth on a MB Sprinter RV. If the vehicle is parked for more than 2 weeks, the vehicle’s owner’s manual tells you to disconnect the vehicle’s battery ground wire. My question is: Does the charger maintain the last setting set with Bluetooth or does it go to some default setting when all power is removed then reconnected? I have LiFePo batteries, so this is a concern.

orion-tr smartBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
veryactivelife avatar image
veryactivelife answered ·

Yes, it will retain the settings. I have mine on a switchable circuit breaker which I use to disconnect the charger from the starter battery. When the starter battery is on the battery tender the voltage increases enough to start the charger. As a result the charger was drawing more off the starter battery than the tender was putting in. So now I either throw the switch or use the app to disable the charger. My settings are always maintained. Rather than disconnecting your starter battery you might consider a battery tender to maintain the starter battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.