question

deonvdw avatar image
deonvdw asked

Venus GX no longer recognises Multiplus II after programming it with VEConfigure

Hi

I am having problems with the Venus GX (firmware v2.33) not recognising my MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 (hw rev 08, firmware 462) inverters after I make any programming change to them using VEConfigure. (Venus console shows "Connected" as "No" under "Device List > MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 > Device")

Here is my test procedure to demonstrate the problem:

1. Take a single inverter and configure it as a 1 ph phase system using VE.Bus System Configurator (v 90.09.141) using a MK3-USB. Don't do any programming using VEConfigure.

2. Disconnect the inverter from the MK3-USB and connect it to the Venus GX. The Venus GX will recognise the VE.Bus system (Connected shows Yes)

3. Reconnect the inverter to the MK3 and use VEConfigure to change any setting (I used "Overruled by remote" tickbox on the General tab). Click Send settings and send modified settings to the device.

4. When I now connect the inverter to the Venus GX it will no longer recognise the inverter (Connected stays No) even after selecting Redetect System from the Advanced menu, or rebooting the Venus. THIS IS MY PROBLEM. Possible bug?

5. REconnect the inverter to the MK3-UBS and send the grid configuration to inverter again.

6. Connect the inverter back to the Venus GX. The Venus GX now correctly recognises the Multiplus II again (Connected shows Yes).

This seems to be a similar problem to MultiPlus II 48/5000/70 only shows "VE.bus Device" on Venus and VRM

Another oddity I encountered is I cannot change phase masters. If I try and designate a new phase master using VE.Bus System Configurator the Venus will no longer detect the inverters (Connected alternates between Yes and No). If I change the config to make my original (first config using VE.Bus System Configurator) phase master the master again the system detects just fine in the Venus GX.

Any ideas?

Multiplus-IIVenus GX - VGXVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey @deonvdw, I’m sorry that this wasnt picked up or answered sooner!

Was this resolved in the mean time?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deonvdw avatar image
deonvdw answered ·

I found a way to work around the problem:

1. Only use the MK3-USB to perform the initial phase assignment to inverters. For everything else use VRM remote programming..

2. Ensure the designated phase masters are powered up before any of the slaves.

2 |3000