question

albert-vd-westhuizen avatar image
albert-vd-westhuizen asked

Multiplus II Current Sensor position

Some help please.... Installed Multiplus-II in grid interactive config with non-essential loads on ACin and essential loads on ACout. Installed supplied AC Current Sensor on grid mains supply conductor to premises. The problem: On Venus GX system overview all consumption is displayed under 'Critical loads' with 'AC loads' zero (even though some non-essential loads are on and drawing power). When mains CB is tripped, non-essential loads on ACin are load-shedded (as they should) and the 'Critical loads' value reduces accordingly (still zero on 'AC loads' on overview. I presume I have missed a setting somewhere - usually do installations with ET112 - 1st time using Multiplus II. Any advice?

Multiplus-IIVenus GX - VGX
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

There are screen flow errors in the software which have not being fixed for the Mulitplus2 yet this was meant to be looked at, but nothing has happened yet to the fix, as mine does the same using the ET112 or External plug AC sensor etc.

As the Mulitplus2 does not have dedicated AC2 current sensor, the internal current sensor is for both AC1 and AC2 outputs.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Two settings come to mind;

Is the current sensor enabled in VEConfigure?

Is the “Grid Meter Installed” setting enabled in the ESS menu on the GX device?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

albert-vd-westhuizen avatar image albert-vd-westhuizen commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff) Thanks for the suggestions! Confirm "Grid Meter Installed” setting enabled in ESS menu. Was unaware of current sensor tick box in VEConfig - found it and enabled via Remote VEConfig, however no change in situation.... Below is what I (still) have. PV throttles back when battery full and MP remains in Passthru even though 'Minimum SOC (unless grid fails)' set to 80%. Even allowing 'Feed-in' does not change situation.

0 Likes 0 ·
1560084155381.png (38.5 KiB)
1560084859498.png (35.4 KiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ albert-vd-westhuizen commented ·

Disable the grid meter installed setting in that GX menu.

This is confusing, but for your installation, that clamp is NOT a grid meter. That should disable passthru mode.

1 Like 1 ·
albert-vd-westhuizen avatar image
albert-vd-westhuizen answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff) Thanks Guy - that solved the Passthru issue! Also found post below which clarified use of external AC sensor for me. I was trying to use instead of the ET112 energy meter which (it seems) is not correct/possible. I'll have to add an ET112 to fix the AC loads reporting issue.

1560089484229.png (52.3 KiB)
2 |3000

pcbl avatar image
pcbl answered ·

cerbo-cx-mismatch.pngincorrect-power-monitoring.pngI have used the current transformer CT (5m Long) clamped to the Grid AC line, on a multiplus ii 48V 70/5000 + cerbo gx + touch control with success, ESS more or less obeys the grid set point of 50W. However when I expanded to use two units of multiplus, current sensor to the master, nothing to the slave, cerbo gx reports Grid current incorrectly, although the 2 multiplus's functioned as it should, keeping the power at grid at grid set point, as measured by the Utilities Smart meter. Is there any setting on the cerbo gx that I might be missing @Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff) ? Firmware latest for all devices (2.90 cerbo gx, 497 multiplus)

2 |3000

solarnovice avatar image
solarnovice answered ·

Has anybody got an answer to the issue just above:

ESS more or less obeys the grid set point of 50W. However when I expanded to use two units of multiplus, current sensor to the master, nothing to the slave, ...

I have the same issue - current sensor to MulitPlus II GX, Grid Set Point to 20W, dashboard reported 20W approx from Grid. Added second MultiPlus II and the Grid current reading is incorrect (and negative as above) - yet a separate meter shows the actual current from grid is the ~20W.

I can only assume it is a setting error on my part - any advice / suggestions much appreciated :)

SN

2 |3000

usernamepasswordbs avatar image
usernamepasswordbs answered ·

I read somewhere you should put a jack plug with nothing attached in the second mp2 to break the internal connection or perhaps remove the 3-pin plug in later versions.

2 |3000