question

mward avatar image
mward asked

Cerbo GX and VE Bus Dongle not working together

I was making a change to settings in the Multiplus II and I think I updated the firmware to the cerbo before I did so. After that the cerbogx won't display the generator current nor the ac loads. I can see it on the ve bus dongle ONLY if the cerbo is disconnected from the multiplus II. I think this is an old bug that has resurfaced. I know it happens in software. Who do I bother to get it fixed? I would roll back the firmware on the cerbo but I'm on my boat, at sea, and don't have a usb stick I can use to update it.

I say I think I updated the firmware because I don't really pay attention to it, apple has lulled me into a false sense of security. I think it was the cerbo and not anything else.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxVE.Bus
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Mward

Did you update the firmware on the Multiplus as well?

Why I ask is I have both running on my system and it is fine on the newest firmware.

FYI for future don't update if it is working, unless there is a new feature you need. It is usually pretty unnecessary (and unlike a computer doesn't have security updates)

0 Likes 0 ·
mward avatar image mward Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I'm not getting a prompt for that firmware so my assumption is it's up to date, but it doesn't show up in the cerbo either so I can't check there. Using VEConfig it doesn't say anything.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mward avatar image
mward answered ·

I think I should have been more descriptive. The cerbo gx screen does not show ac input or ac loads anymore, the boxes are there, but there's nothing in them. Before this update I had data there. Also the Multiplus II doesn't show up in the list of devices in the Cerbo. I just want that back.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mward avatar image
mward answered ·

I feel exceptionally dumb, but I want to post this in case someone else does the same thing. My Cerbo is in an awkward place and I can reach over and flick the cat5 cable out when I connect the MK3 to make adjustments, and in the same way blindly reach back over there and plug it into the wrong hole and then spend days wondering why it's not working. If you come here because of this issue, doublecheck you're plugged into the correct port. It's closer to the base of the device. :(

2 |3000