question

imfaul avatar image
imfaul asked

low voltage grid AC 204v

I have a building that I am planning to install solar/battery power to supply a 3-phase set of machines. I'll be using 3 Quattro 48v/5000W inverters with input from solar array and the 204v grid connection.
My question is as follows: The building is 800' from the main service entrance and I can only get about 204v single phase power from the main panel to the building. Will that voltage be sufficient to keep the batteries charged if the solar array cannot produce due to weather (rain/winter)?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargervoltage3 phaseinput current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@imfaul

The inverters synchronize to the incoming voltage. The 230v models can accept as low as 180v (see the datasheet for the model of your choice).

What does happen is a bit of derating in power. But you should be able to charge on it if it is stable. How much charge depends on the stability and the inverter grid charger size and whether your loads draw more than it is charging with. So that can't be answered definitively.

Are you saying you have a single phase connection and want to build a three phase system?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.