question

testor90 avatar image
testor90 asked

Victron Shunt and Seplos Bms

Hi !

Just one quick question.

I have the Seplos BMS that is wired in with the BMS Can and also the Smart shunt.

How do i set that the System is "ignorig" the BMS and only using the SmartShunt for all measurements?

I just wat to be able to look at the Specs of the BMS for security reasons and everything to be managed by the Victron Shunt.

Thank you!

BMSSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
johnparvic avatar image
johnparvic answered ·

Hi

What I have observed in my system is that even if you have System Setup and DVCC selecting the Smartshunt as battery monitor, the system still responds to voltage and current limits coming from the CAN connected Seplos BMS. This seems wrong to me, but actually if the BMS is saying the charge should be reduced it is probably due to a cell peaking so the BMS is doing its job and protecting the batteries, and the Victron system is just doing what it is being told to do.

See https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/251430/quattro-ess-not-fully-charging-from-grid.html

I'll be writing up what I have found does and does not work later today.

Kind regards

John

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.