question

Nicolas Trejahn avatar image
Nicolas Trejahn asked

No power information for SmartShunt in VictronConnect device list (by design)

Instant readout in the device list is a great feature. However, while for SmartSolar MPPTs there are six values displayed in VictronConnect v5.102 there are only five of them for a SmartShunt. What is missing is the Power information.

In order to obtain that data I have to open the SmartShunt properly - which is annoying due to the (Bluetooth Low Energy) reconnection delay. The information is of interest for my since it lets me - at a glance - determine current use on the one hand and the ratio of "direct use" and "to battery" on the other.

Is there a particular reason why the empty sixth space is not used to display the Power value?

screenshot-20240111-080008.jpg

SmartShuntVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Nicolas Trejahn

That sixth space is normally used for one of the Aux functions like Mid Point Voltage. Which it seems you haven't selected.

But I suppose they could do like the mppt. There when you don't have a Load Current it gets replaced with Temperature (mine shows "--").

I don't use it myself, so don't have an opinion. Others might..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.