question

markus-klaschka avatar image
markus-klaschka asked

Configuration 2xMP II parallel island with grid charging and injection

Hi,

we have a new installation and the guys seam to have problems making the config, so I jumped in...

Situation:

- location: my fathers place: spain/ibiza: grid: 5500W contract, 25A, measured 250V( with a bit load! yes!!! with 2500W load: 225V....yes!!.. ), grid also often has failures and every few years short peaks with even more overvoltage...
- two MultiPlus 5000 parallel as island( house connected to AC-out )
- 7.000kWp panels, 2 SmartSolar MPPT
- 21kWh( 6x Pylontech US3000 ), connected by CAN to CerboGX
- additional power-meter between grid and Multiplus...?

Goals:
1. disconnect grid when not needed( I think I will to that by a external industrial contactor to save the inverters...but for now..could this be done by the internal relay of the multiplus? )
2. only charge from grid if batteries go below 30%
3. grid: only charge/inject max. 3500W

Questions:
1. Which Assistents need to be installed
2. In which way do the VE.Configure charge parameters for the Multiplus matter if ESS is used, this does override a lot or not?
3. How can I disconnect the MPs from grid( in case: 1. there is sun and batteries are not full OR 2. no sunpower and batteries over 30% - in both cases no grid is needed... )
4. I have problems setting up the max charge and injection-limits in the remote console, what am I missing?
5. should I use the grid-meter or inverter as meter?
6. SCS disabled, right?
7. could I setup ModbusTCP and change settings with my PI or will those be overwritten again by the ESS assistant, etc.?

Ok, enough for now, would be cool if someone could help out a bit!

Cheers

Markus

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxmultiplus in parallelisland mode
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Markus Klaschka

One small suggestion, use one inverter (10kva) not two in parrallel..much less headaches.

Yes the Grid input transfer switch can be used to reject grid using ignore AC with generator assistant. Ignore AC overrides ESS assistant with the grid connection. But once connected allows interaction from the GX for parameters

To slow charging from grid use the Input current limit. Also can be override on the GX if configured in ve config to do so. DVCC is where charging can be turned up or down in amps this is also affected by your input current limit and loads.

You don't need the power meter unless local requirements make it so.

The rest really how complicated do you want your life?

Node red is also a great way to change when to connect to grid and customise charging etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markus-klaschka avatar image
markus-klaschka answered ·

Hey, thanks for your answer!

1.those two MP2-5000 are already installed, need to go with that now..

2.DVCC charging limit alo affects the MPPTs, not good. There I want 7000watts....AC chargeing/injecting only 3500...

3. I can not change the ignore -ac1-switch...oO( permission problem?)

^^ I have access to the remote console through VRM and can upload new VE.Configure (ve-bus) configimages.... but no password for the cerboGX...

Cheers

Markus

2 |3000