question

barker avatar image
barker asked

firmware multiplus in easysolar II

Hello

I want to ask the community for help with updating the multiplus gx firmware in the easysolar ii gx 5000 assembly

1699342094927.png

I understand that easysolar is a complex solution and at some ends it is necessary to disconnect the input, or pv, or batteries. but if I want to do a multiplus update, it ends up that it is necessary to do the internal disconnection of the cables and even a temporary bridging of the source.....see warning

Error 734, "Cannot update with DMC or VE.Bus BMS connected" will be shown during the process when attempting to update such system. No settings or firmware is altered at the time, the system will remain operational.

To update such a system remotely, first get someone local to temporarily unplug the RJ-45 connection on the VE.Bus BMS and the DMC. Note that the inverter will switch off when doing that. And that it then might be necessary to provide an alternate power supply for the GX device as it will lose power

would it be possible to provide more detailed instructions on how to update the multiplus in the easysolar assembly? or video ... I believe it would help others

Multiplus-IIEasySolar All-in-Onefirmware update
1699342094927.png (78.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
electronicsuk avatar image
electronicsuk answered ·

How are you trying to run the update? I had no issues using a combination of Victron Connect (via WiFi) to update the GX and the MPPT, then the Mk3-USB interface into the VE.Bus ports to update the Multi using VEConf. There was no need to disconnect anything internally.

I can't speak for doing it using VRM, which seems to be what you're attempting.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

barker avatar image
barker answered ·

yes, the idea was to do the update via VRM, but the multi is struggling with that, so I've come to terms with the fact that the multi only via mk3 :-(

thank you for confirming the solution

2 |3000