question

pumathepuma avatar image
pumathepuma asked

3 Phase MultiPlus-II

Hi guys,

I am planning out the electric setup for my new home. I am based in Europe with a 3 Phase 22KW grid connection.

My plan is to use 3 MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50.

There will be a +-10KW of solar panels.

The only think that is not 100% clear to me is that i would like to use one 48V battery and not multiple, can this be done with this setup? One battery bank connected to a bus bar (Where an SmartSolar MPPT RS also will be connected).

Or should i use one battery for each MultiPlus-II?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Happy Holidays!

Multiplus-II3 phasesetup
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·
@PumaThePuma

Note the difference between one battery and one battery bank. One battery bank can have many batteries. You seem to have mixed up the two concepts in your question.

Whether one battery (1pc) is adequate or not depends on the characteristics of your battery measured against the characteristics of the inverter or group of inverters.

Fideri

0 Likes 0 ·
pumathepuma avatar image pumathepuma Fideri commented ·
Thanks for your answer, i indeed had mixed up the concepts.

I meant a battery bank.

My question was if running in 3 phase mode i would need one battery bank for every inverter, or can they all connect to my bus bars that is connected to the one battery bank?

How would this affect battery charging?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

In that case @Matthias Lange - DE is right. Just make sure your battery bank can run the inverters.

2 |3000