question

pwacquiez avatar image
pwacquiez asked

From the MPPT remote control terminals: how to create an alarm directly on VRM?

Hi all,

Is it possible to add a new automatic alarm rule on VRM, something like: remote state:

• the switch at the remote (ID : I : Remote « H L » on/off terminals) control input of the MPPT is open?

And/or:

• the switch at the MPPT remote control input is closed?

My goal is to have a push notification on my iPhone and by email if the permanent DC isolation controller (DOLD IL5881) is triggered.

I didn't find the right setting, I have an alarm every sunset

VRMalarmmppt state
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@pwacquiez@ntymail.com lf you have an Ekrano, Venus or Cerbo GX you could use a Digital lnput coupled with the relay on the Dold insulation monitor to raise a warning.
0 Likes 0 ·
pwacquiez avatar image pwacquiez klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Thank for feed-back

Yes, possible but I have to: install an auxiliary relay on the CPI, install a cable, lose an input on the CERBO. Given the possible number of alarms on VRM, I was hoping that there was also “State Remote MPPT”. maybe under another name?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I can only suggest setting the alarm on "MPPT State" or "Charger on/off" which are listed as alarm options on my unit and seeing if either of these are what you need. There is the option "Charge State" but I expect that alarms when it changes between bulk to absorption to float etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwacquiez avatar image
pwacquiez answered ·

I tried:

- “Mppt state; Off”: does not work: triggers alarm at sunset.

and

- “solar charger on/off; off (deprecated) and off”: nothing happens if I open the remote contact.

2 |3000

pwacquiez avatar image
pwacquiez answered ·

Or Connect the CERBO digital input directly to the MPPT remote control?

2 |3000

Related Resources