question

jd87 avatar image
jd87 asked

Multiplus update

I often check for updates in device list on vrm and noticed my multiplus has update from v507 to v508. Does anyone have the release notes of what’s changed I’ve looked everywhere for release notes and can’t find anything?

firmware updatemultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
djsmiley avatar image
djsmiley answered ·

All details are listed in the changelogs and can be found on the Victron Professional website. For the 5.08:

xxxx508

November 24, 2023

• · Improved Solar/Wind priority mechanism
  • · Improved Quattro-II relay testing mechanism to prevent false E11 errors.
    (Noticeable change for the user: When the relay error lasts for more than 5 minutes the unit now generates a warning. (this is also indicated by a short flash of all LEDs every 5 seconds). This will last until the batteries are running low. By then the warning changes to an E11 error code.)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

greendovefarms avatar image
greendovefarms answered ·

The old saying goes “ if it ain’t broken don’t fix it”

Unless there is a special new feature you want or you are currently getting errors and faults, I would keep the current firmware you have.

2 |3000

jd87 avatar image
jd87 answered ·

Thank you both very much I think I’ll just keep 507 like you stated. I have also tried to sign up for Victron professional and get an error every time. I’ll keep trying so I can view release notes.

2 |3000